The Purflo Sleep Tight Baby Bed is an amazing new sleep innovation, with safety at the centre of the design process. We are delighted to partner with Purflo to bring their Sleep Tight Baby Bed to New Zealand.
The Sleep Tight Baby Bed is a safe place for baby to rest and sleep, day and night. Tested to the very latest and most relevant safety standards for a baby’s overnight bed, The Sleep Tight Baby Bed is the first of its kind to be certified for unsupervised, overnight sleep from birth. It was designed by one of the world's leading safe sleep product designers with safety first. Rather than say the product is only suitable for supervised sleep like so many nest products, Purflo designed this bed knowing that parents will always fall asleep overnight and not be actively supervising their baby.
One of the key differences between the Sleep Tight Baby Bed and a nest is the firm sides. These have been designed to offer the same structure as a moses basket or bassinet, and are essential for stopping baby from being able to roll out of bed. While a nest has soft squishy sides that collape with weight on them, the Sleep Tight Baby Bed sides are firm and structured enough to keep baby safely inside. Using a sustainably sourced filling – Dupont™ Sorona® and innovative breathable panels and base, The Sleep Tight Baby Bed provides a healthy and safe sleeping environment day and night.
The Sleep Tight Baby Bed includes a firm flat base essential for overnight, unsupervised sleep. The Sleep Tight Baby Bed has passed testing to ensure the bed is very stable and will not roll or tip over, another aspect of the testing that UK/EU carry cots or moses baskets have to go through to be considered safe.
Every part of the bed can be fully washed, including the easily removable base that can be wiped clean.
The shape of the Sleep Tight Baby Bed has also been designed with safety in mind. It is roomy, especially with plenty of space around baby's head, for both breathability and to avoid overheating.
- Sleep easy - The Sleep Tight Baby Bed has been thoroughly tested to relevant standards and has been certified safe for overnight sleeping, eliminating concerns raised by traditional nests and sleep positioners.
- Safe sides - Firm sides are essential for stopping baby from being able to roll out of bed. Ours are made from breathable, sustainably sourced fibre which is strong enough to keep baby safe inside whilst still being soft to touch. The Sorona® fibre, designed and patented by Dupont™ retains its natural shape and structure so doesn’t flatten with age.
- Firm base - The Sleep Tight Baby Bed includes a firm flat base essential for overnight, unsupervised sleep. The base is easily removable and wipe clean.
- Breathability - The bed features a fully breathable mesh base and sides allowing air to safely circulate and to help keep baby at a safe temperature all night.
- Portable - Many babies feel more comforted and sleep better when they are surrounded by familiar things. The Sleep Tight Baby Bed is ideal for providing a safe and familiar environment when travelling to grandparent’s houses, hotel rooms and much more.
- Sustainable - Main structure of the bed is made with Dupont™ Sorona® – a patented technology made from a unique molecular structure. Sorona is made from 37% plant based ingredients and is one of the first 11 products available that is certified by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture).
- Washable - Every part of the bed can be fully washed including wipe down base.
How has this product been tested when there isn't a safety standard?
The Sleep Tight Baby Bed design was created using the most up to date and relevant safe sleep guidelines. As with any new Purflo baby product, advice was sought from two independent UKAS accredited test houses to determine the most appropriate testing. The product has undergone a comprehensive risk assessment and extensive, exhaustive safety testing relevant to marketing it as suitable for overnight use. Specific British and European safety standard testing includes breathability, flammability, and unlike many of the nests and positioners in the market, due to its unique structure, our baby bed also passes rigidity, retention of side walls and roll tests. This means the Sleep Tight Baby bed has been tested in a similar way to a carry cot or moses basket, which do have a strict safety standard in the UK.