We understand that you want the best and safest products for your baby. Unfortunately, there are counterfeit and potentially dangerous copies of the best selling Ergobaby Baby Carriers on the market. We urge you to obtain genuine products and educate yourself and others on how to purchase authorised products and how to avoid counterfeits that could potentially cause harm. The Stork Nest is as authorised retailer of Ergobaby and the ErgoPromise Guarentee.
Ergobaby Carriers have attracted a host of international product awards and health endorsements and are the only baby carriers to be listed as one of the 'Top 20 baby products over the last 20 years' by Parenting magazine. Unfortunately, this success has also attracted unscrupulous copies.
Ergobaby Carriers are a "must-have" on many new parents wishlists and gift registries. But that means that you as parents may not be purchasing the Ergobaby Carrier for yourself, and we understand that many of you receive an Ergobaby product as a gift. For that reason, we urge you to please review and share this information with friends and family members who may be purchasing the carrier and related products for you and your baby.
Why purchase authentic ergobaby products?
Purchasing genuine Ergobaby products is best for you and your baby. We want all babies and toddlers to be carried safely- and for you to have the quality products you deserve.
You can purchase your authentic Ergobaby Carrier and accessory products only through an Authorised Retailer such as The Stork Nest NZ. For authentic ergobaby products, we can guarantee stellar warranties, services and protections, as well as the security and safety that an Ergobaby Carrier provides.
Ergobaby stand behind our product with a 10 year warranty, because they go above and beyond to ensure a quality product for the safety of your most precious cargo.
Where are authentic Ergobaby carriers made?
Authentic Ergobaby carriers and other Ergobaby products are made with precision, quality, and care in China, Vietnam, and India. To make sure you are buying an authentic Ergobaby carrier that is safe for your baby, purchase directly from our website.
What are the dangers or risks of buying counterfeit products?
When it comes to baby carriers or any other product, especially those claiming to be baby products, counterfeits could seriously endanger your baby or your health with inferior materials and workmanship. Consumer identities are often stolen and goods that were paid for are often not delivered. Counterfeiters have been connected to gang activity and terrorism, among other crimes. It's criminal- and buying these products fuels these indefensible practices.
Counterfeiters hurt legitimate business owners as well as the overall economy because they do not pay taxes nor do they provide fair wages or benefits to their employees. Counterfeiters are not accountable to human rights and environmental regulations. Counterfeiters don't adhere to child labor laws, anti-sweatshop laws, or restricted substances laws, putting both workers and the environment at risk. Fundamental human rights of workers employed by counterfeiters, such as basic safety and health precautions, are often compromised or entirely ignored, creating a work environment that is safe for no one.
Protect yourself from counterfeits
The following are some guidelines to help you avoid counterfeits and help you learn how to spot a fake Ergobaby carrier or other product:
- Purchase Only From Authorized Retailers, whether online or in-store. To ensure you purchase only genuine Ergobaby products, please remember that we maintain an official distribution network of Authorized Retailers and Authorised Online Retailers
- Be cautious when purchasing from street vendors, flea markets, and unauthorised retail locations or at "purse parties." Ergobaby genuine products are offered through official retail channels. Unfortunately, The Stork Nest NZ Customer Service cannot verify, confirm, or assist your purchase through individuals in person or on sites such as eBay, Craigslist, Gumtree or other online auction or trade boards, as we support purchases only through our Authorised Retailer lists. If you choose to purchase from non-authorized retailers, you are purchasing at your own risk, and those products are not valid for warranty or support.
- Beware of products that seem flimsy or are obviously poorly made. We take great pride in providing the highest quality Ergobaby products. Quality control is often absent in counterfeiting operations, so you may be able to spot a counterfeit simply based on its workmanship.
- Inspect the packaging carefully. Ergobaby takes great care in packaging our products. Counterfeiters often don't want to spend the time to reproduce every detail, so they'll likely leave some of this detail off. Beware of flimsy packaging, packaging with substandard printing or running colors, or packages that appear to have been opened. In addition, take a moment to actually read the package. Spelling or grammatical errors are common on the packaging for counterfeit goods. Ergobaby product labels and boxes have significant information printed on them, including bar codes, trademark and patent information and recycling symbols.
- Match the packaging to the product. Does the packaging exactly match the product? Some careless counterfeiters will not provide the proper product aligned with the box. It may not be this obvious, so also check model numbers on the packaging against the model number of the Ergobaby Carrier.
- Be vigilant when buying abroad. While many international businesses offer unique products that may seem similar to legitimate Ergobaby products, in certain foreign markets counterfeit and pirated products are even more prevalent. Also, when shopping on international websites, look for trusted vendors that use identifiable privacy and security safeguards and have legitimate addresses.
- Trust your instincts. As always, beware of a purchase that is 'too good to be true.' If you are uncomfortable with the circumstances of your purchase- such as price, venue, lack of a sales receipt or warranty information, or, most importantly, a vendor's unwillingness to answer simple questions about the source of the products for sale- use your common sense and walk away.
Purchasing Ergobaby products online
Purchase Only From Authorised Retailers. To ensure you purchase only genuine Ergobaby products, please remember that we maintain an official distribution network
- Be cautious of purchasing what are advertised as Ergobaby products, either new or second-hand, on eBay, and other auction websites. Authorised Ergobaby retailers are not permitted to sell products on eBay or other online auctions or trade boards, therefore Ergobaby products on auction sites are often counterfeit. Unfortunately, The Stork Nest NZ cannot verify, confirm, or assist your purchase on eBay, Gumtree, Craigslist, or other online auction or trade board as we support purchases only through our Authorised Retailer lists. If you choose to purchase on these sites, you are purchasing at your own risk, and those products are not valid for warranty or support. Unfortunately, Ergobaby is not responsible for such purchases; you will need to directly resolve such purchases with the site from where you purchased those products.
- Be wary of websites advertising Ergobaby products. (other than from the Authorized Retailers list). Remember that these sites may be able to obtain product images, and even copy the whole official Ergobaby site, to advertise their counterfeit merchandise.
- Be cautious of Web sites that appear on Google, Bing or other search engines for 'Ergobaby' or similar keywords or search terms, especially with the words 'sale,' 'discount,' 'wholesale price,' 'factory direct,' etc. Only the official Ergobaby website and its Authorised Online Retailers websites are trusted online sources for purchasing genuine Ergobaby products. Search engines (such as Google) do not pre-screen Web sites that appear in their search results.
- Our products are of a premium quality and construction. We have seen many counterfeit distributors offer 'wholesale' prices or 'clearance' and 'sale' discounts. If a deal seems too good to be true, question it - it usually is.
- Insist on secure transactions. Operations dealing in counterfeit products are likely to disregard the need to transmit and store customer data in a secure fashion or may use your purchase to capture your credit card information for fraud purposes. Avoid making a purchase if you are uncomfortable with the security of the transaction. When doing business online, make sure your payments are submitted via Web sites beginning with https:// (the 's' stands for secure) and look for a lock symbol at the top/bottom of your browser. All Ergobaby Authorised Retailers websites, require a SSL transaction.
- Be wary of websites that contain Ergobaby anywhere in the domain name If you are viewing Ergobaby products online anywhere other than an Authorised Retailer, and the domain name includes "ERGO" or any variation/repetition of this word, the site could be selling counterfeits.
What is Ergobaby doing?
Ergobaby are working hard every day to identify and de-list sites that sell counterfeit products. To date, we have delisted over 2,300 sites. We use a service to help us source sites that are not legitimate, but we also rely on you to help us.
We continue to explore and implement new technological developments to deter counterfeiting. Ergobaby uses special packaging and printing techniques that make counterfeiting both more difficult to accomplish and easier to spot.
Additionally, we have put in place business practices that are designed to 1) protect our customers, 2) increase cooperation with law enforcement agencies to successfully prosecute counterfeiters, and 3) promote proactive public policies that will help to reduce counterfeiting.
What can you do to help?
Ask questions and express your concerns about Ergobaby product counterfeiting, poorly packaged products, or any other issues regarding your purchased product that you do not feel confident in.
Consult Ergobaby Customer Service and seek advice from them on how Ergobaby products can be determined to be authentic by their appearance.
If you run across a suspect site, or you feel you have been the victim of a counterfeit site, please report it to Ergobaby.